CRISPPOKER
Hello and welcome to crisppokerforums , Please log in or register to access the forums,
There is many reasons to regester with us such as :

* access to the chatbox
* lots of top poker promotions
* upto date information on all of our freerolls
* access to all our bonus codes for different sites
* share / read storys from other poker players
* learn to play poker
* Daily poker news from around the world
* All the news about dec 1st 2014 and what it means for uk poker

We also have inside a very nice US section for players from the united states, In This section is reviews of all LEGAL poker clients

Thanks for visiting crisppoker forums,

Look forward to chatting to to you all in our busy chatbox

ADMIN

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

CRISPPOKER
Hello and welcome to crisppokerforums , Please log in or register to access the forums,
There is many reasons to regester with us such as :

* access to the chatbox
* lots of top poker promotions
* upto date information on all of our freerolls
* access to all our bonus codes for different sites
* share / read storys from other poker players
* learn to play poker
* Daily poker news from around the world
* All the news about dec 1st 2014 and what it means for uk poker

We also have inside a very nice US section for players from the united states, In This section is reviews of all LEGAL poker clients

Thanks for visiting crisppoker forums,

Look forward to chatting to to you all in our busy chatbox

ADMIN

CRISPPOKER
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Have you Ever wanted us to get rid of the ads or us to get our own domain then look HERE to see how you can help !!!! Join us on Titan Poker or any of our supported sites

You are not connected. Please login or register

Student, 20, wins £35,000 at poker tournament

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jock2007

jock2007
allstar elite
allstar elite

nottinghampost wrote:Student, 20, wins £35,000 at poker tournament

Student, 20, wins £35,000 at poker tournament 8198854-large
Rehman Kassam, from Beeston, with party poker girls Sophie Crawford and Martina Bosede.

MOST university students struggle to scrape together enough pennies for their next pint.
But affording more than just the basics to survive on isn't a worry for Rehman Kassam any more.

The Nottingham University law student is quids in after scooping £35,000 in a poker competition.
The 20-year-old swept past the opposition at the World Poker Tour warm-up tournament at Dusk Till Dawn in Nottingham – the biggest poker venue in Europe.

Despite facing opponents much older and more experienced than himself, Rehman wasn't intimidated in the slightest. He said: "It didn't bother me that I was competing against people who'd been playing for longer than me, as I just get in the zone when I'm playing.

"I couldn't quite believe it when I won though – it's certainly the most money I've ever had and it didn't sink in for a while." Rehman, of Turnpike Lane, Beeston, took the title ahead of 50-year-old former carpet fitter Craig Dawson from Bolton.

The third-year student, who wants to become a solicitor, only began playing poker on a casual basis three years ago.He said: "I started playing when I was in the sixth form – just round at some of my mates' houses.
"Towards the start of this year I started playing a bit more, especially when I realised Nottingham was the home of poker.

"I love the fact that it's a challenge and that it puts you in a high-pressured situation. I enjoy having to think on my feet and it brings out the best in me." Rehman won £8,000 in one of his first competitive tournaments in January, which gave him the confidence to take part in the World Tour warm-up – a £125 Texas Hold 'Em event.

https://crisppoker1.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum